May 2003Vol. 4, No. 4Conferences
Upcoming national conferences on adoption and child welfare through August 2003 include:
- 2003 Family Group Decision Making Conference and Skills-Building Institutes: Pathways to Partnership (American Humane Association; June 4 through 7, Minneapolis, MN; www.americanhumane.org/site/ PageServer?pagename=pc_fgdm_conference).
- Leadership Conference 2003: Creating Quality Through Leadership (National Children's Alliance; June 8 through 11, Washington, DC; www.nca-online.org).
- Family Support Conference 2003 (University of Pittsburgh Office of Child Development; June 9 through 10, Pittsburgh, PA; http://www.pitt.edu/~ocdweb/pdfdnlds/SaveDate1.pdf (Editor's note: this link is no longer available)).
- 6th National Summit on Fatherhood "Carrying the Flag for Fatherhood" (National Fatherhood Initiative; June 11 through 13, Philadelphia, PA; www.fatherhood.org/summit03home.htm (Editor's note: this link is no longer available)).
- 10th Annual Building on Family Strengths Conference (Research and Training Center on Family Support and Children's Mental Health; June 26 through 28, Portland, OR; www.rtc.pdx.edu/pgConference.shtml).
- Eighth International Family Violence Research Conference (Family Research Laboratory & Crimes Against Children Research Center; July 13 through 16, Portsmouth, NH; www.unh.edu/frl/conference2003/index.html).
- 2003 Conference on Treatment Foster Care (Foster Family-Based Treatment Association; July 20 through 23, Universal City, CA; www.ffta.org/conference.html - Editor's note: this link is no longer available).
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children 11th Annual National Colloquium (July 23 through 26, Orlando, FL; www.apsac.org).
- 4th National Kinship Care Conference "Kinship Care: Preserving and Strengthening a Family Resource" (Child Welfare League of America; July 30 through August 1, Philadelphia, PA; www.cwla.org/conferences).
- Summer Seminars by the Sea (Chadwick Center, Children's Hospital-San Diego; August 4 through 22, San Diego, CA; www.charityadvantage.com/chadwickcenter/summerseminars.asp - Editor's note: this link is no longer available).
- North American Council on Adoptable Children's 29th Annual Conference "Nurturing Connections for Children, Families, and Communities" (August 7 through 9, Vancouver, British Columbia; 16th Annual National Independent Living Conference "Growing Pains 2003" (Daniel Memorial Institute; August 13 through 16, Orlando, FL; http://conferences.danielkids.org/growing_pains.htm - Editor's note: this link is no longer available).
- 26th National Children's Law Conference (National Association of Counsel for Children; August 16 through 19, New Orleans, LA; www.naccchildlaw.org/training/conference.html).
- 2003 Crimes Against Children Conference (Dallas Children's Advocacy Center; August 18 through 21, Dallas, TX; www.dcac.org).
Further details about national and regional child welfare conferences can be found in the "conferences" section on the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information website at http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/conferences/index.cfm.
Further details about national and regional adoption conferences can be found in the "conferences" section on the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse website at http://naic.acf.hhs.gov/general/conferences/index.cfm.