October 2003Vol. 4, No. 8Online Funding Tools
Seeking additional sources of funding in these tight fiscal times? These websites may help:
Connect for Kids' "Toolkit for Funding" (www.connectforkids.org/) offers nonprofit organizations valuable guidance for finding and securing funding. Grant information is provided for a variety of topical areas, including child care, children's health, children's mental health, juvenile justice, substance abuse, and special needs. The toolkit includes:
- Getting Funded: Advice from the Field
- News, Tips, and Electronic Alerts
- General Funding Resources
- Grants by Topic
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) offers a brief guide to writing successful grants on its website. The publication offers tips for:
- Preparing to write the grant: including information on how to define your project, identify the right funding sources, contact funders, acquire proposal guidelines, and determine personnel needs.
- Writing the proposal: including tips for narratives, budgets, supporting materials, and following proposal specifications.
- Following up: tracking the status of your proposal and requesting feedback.
Find the guide on the CPB website at www.cpb.org/grants/grantwriting.html.