February 2007Vol. 8, No. 1AFCARS Research Brief Series
The North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC) has released a series of research briefs that draw on data from the Children's Bureau's Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS). The series covers five specialized topics designed to appeal to researchers and citizens interested in adoption from foster care:
- Adoptive Family Structure http://academic2.american.edu/~mhansen/Invited/adoptivefamilystructure.pdf)
- Age of Children at Adoption and Time From Termination of Parental Rights to Adoption (http://academic2.american.edu/~mhansen/Invited/ageatadoption.pdf)
- Race and Transracial Adoption (http://academic2.american.edu/~mhansen/Invited/raceandtra.pdf)
- Special Needs and Disabilities (www.nacac.org/adoptionsubsidy/AFCARSspecialneeds.pdf)
- Title IV-E Claims and Adoption Assistance Payments (www.nacac.org/adoptionsubsidy/AFCARStitleivepayments.pdf)
The series was written by Mary Eschelbach Hansen.