October 2008Vol. 9, No. 82008 National Adoption Month Website Goes Live
Child Welfare Information Gateway, in partnership with the Collaboration to AdoptUsKids, recently launched the website for National Adoption Month 2008. The early launch of the website allows adoption professionals, families, and advocates to access materials and post events well in advance of the month-long celebration in November.
Recognized by Presidential Proclamation, National Adoption Month is a time set aside to raise awareness about the need for adoptive parents for children and youth in foster care. Under the leadership of the Children's Bureau, National Adoption Month focuses the nation's attention on the 496,000 children in foster care across the country, including the 130,000 children awaiting adoption.
The National Adoption Month website features a number of resources, including:
- Calendar of activities for November, available in both English and Spanish
- Presidential Proclamation
- Enhanced search results for the Spanish version of the National Foster Care and Adoption Directory
- Targeted resources for professionals, families, and teachers
- Resources from AdoptUsKids
Visit the website to access resources and learn more about National Adoption Month: