Dec/Jan 2009Vol. 9, No. 10The T&TA Network Offers New Resources on Workforce, Change, Outcomes, and NYTD
The Children's Bureau Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Network offers many new resources for States and agencies. Some recent updates and releases include:
- Child Welfare Information Gateway website enhancements now provide better support to child welfare and related professionals working with children, youth, and families. Both the Workforce and Training web sections have been expanded and reorganized to offer more tools, training models, curricula, and other concrete aids for strengthening the child welfare workforce and enhancing training efforts.
In addition, the Resources in Spanish section of the Information Gateway website (formerly, En EspaÃ±ol) now provides easier access to publications and other online resources written in Spanish to support child welfare workers in their interaction with Spanish-speaking families.
- Implementing Change at the Local Level: Strategies for Success is the focus of the fall/winter 2008 issue of Child Welfare Matters from the National Child Welfare Resource Center (NRC) for Organizational Improvement. The lead article outlines 10 steps agencies can take to implement change, all illustrated with real-life examples from States and counties.
http://muskie.usm.maine.edu/helpkids/rcpdfs/cwmatters8.pdf (937 - KB)
- Update on Laws and Policies Affecting Children and Families is a PowerPoint presentation developed by the NRC on Legal and Judicial Issues and posted on the website of the NRC for Child Protective Services.
- Preparing for Adulthood—Supervising for Success (PASS) Final Report and Program Evaluation are now available from the NRC for Family-Centered Practice and Permanency Planning. PASS is a 3-year curriculum development and training project funded by the Children's Bureau and designed to strengthen supervision of staff's interventions with older youth in foster care.
- The NRC for Child Welfare Data and Technology website has an updated look designed to be more user friendly. New content on the website includes a recently launched webpage on Disaster Planning Resources and a Tips, Tools, and Trends page that includes technology information (e.g., tablet PCs, digital pen technology), with examples from jurisdictions.
- A National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD) webpage is now available on the NRC for Youth Development website. The webpage provides basic information and several presentations on NYTD, which will feature case-level information on youth in care, including services paid for or provided by the State agencies that administer the Chafee Foster Care Independence Program, as well as outcome information on youth who are in or who have aged out of foster care.