March 2009Vol. 10, No. 2Discretionary Grants Available From the Children's Bureau
The Children's Bureau made its first discretionary grant announcements of this year in late February, announcing funding for five National Resource Centers (NRCs). The NRCs are part of the Children's Bureau's larger Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Network. The grants will provide 5-year funding for the following:
- The NRC for Child Protective Services
- The NRC for Organizational Improvement
- The NRC for Adoption
- The NRC for Youth Development
- The NRC for Child Welfare Data and Technology
The Children's Bureau is currently forecasting 15 funding opportunities in FY 2009. These funding opportunities will focus primarily on the competition for 10 NRCs. The Children's Bureau also anticipates announcing the availability of funds for the Evaluation of Existing Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Programs, Abandoned Infants Assistance Comprehensive Programs, National Quality Improvement Center on the Representation of Children in the Child Welfare System, Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants, and Family Connection Grants.
For information on specific grants, visit the following websites:
- Grants.gov (www.grants.gov). Search for Children's Bureau grant opportunities under the Agency Category "Department of Health and Human Services" (HHS) or under the Funding Activity Category "Income Security and Social Services." Users also can apply for Children's Bureau discretionary grants online, only through Grants.gov.
- ACF Grant Opportunities (www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/index.html). Children's Bureau and other Administration on Children and Families (ACF) funding announcements are posted here.
Print copies of funding announcements will not be routinely mailed out but will be sent only to those who request them. For print announcements or any other information about the grants process, call the ACYF Operations Center at 866.796.1591.