May 2009Vol. 10, No. 4Foster Parent College--With Scholarships!
Foster Parent College (FPC) provides research-based training for foster, adoptive, and kinship parents and caregivers. Recently, Casey Family Programs partnered with FPC to provide up to four training courses to qualified caregivers at no expense.
Since 2005, FPC has administered more than 40,000 online training sessions. All of the trainings are Internet-based and self-driven. Many FPC training classes also are available on DVD. FPC courses are designed by experts in the fields of parenting, pediatrics, psychology, psychiatry, and education and include both self-paced courses and advanced parenting workshops.
Self-paced courses include:
- Visual instruction
- Printable handouts
- Question and answer sessions with immediate feedback
Advanced parenting workshops provide:
- Extended in-depth 3-week courses
- 24/7 access for participants for the duration of the course
- Community discussion board to interact with other participants
- Tested problem-solving approaches
For more information on Casey Family Programs' scholarship eligibility, as well as available trainings, how to register with FPC, and resources, visit the FPC website.