July/August 2011Vol. 12, No. 6Recent Grant Announcements
The Children's Bureau recently announced three more funding opportunities:
- Child Welfare—Early Education Partnerships to Expand Protective Factors for Children With Child Welfare Involvement is offered to support school-based initiatives to implement multidisciplinary interventions building on protective factors for children who are at risk of child abuse and neglect or are currently in the child welfare system. The deadline is July 25, 2011.
- Child Welfare—Education System Collaborations to Increase Educational Stability is offered to build collaborations between child welfare systems and education systems to increase the educational stability of children in or at risk of entering the child welfare system. The deadline is July 26, 2011.
- Family Connection Grants: Using Family Group Decision-making to Build Protective Factors for Children and Families are offered to support demonstration projects that test the effectiveness of family group decision-making as a service approach that prevents children from entering foster care, thereby reducing the time that these children and families are involved with the child welfare system. The deadline is July 27, 2011.
In addition, modifications to two other funding opportunities were announced:
- Modified Improving Service Delivery to Youth in the Child Welfare System
- Modified Integrating Trauma-Informed and Trauma-Focused Practice in Child Protective Service (CPS) Delivery