August 2012Vol. 13, No. 7NIH Free Resource Anthology
The Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) at the National Institutes of Health created a free resource designed to house all current, quality behavioral and social science research. Created with the help of New England Research Institutes, e-Source demonstrates how social science research applies to public health initiatives, trains future scientists, and enhances the biomedical research field.
e-Source consists of five major sections:
- Setting the Scene introduces major concepts of behavioral and social science research.
- Describing How discusses methodologies to explain how something could occur.
- Explaining Why describes using qualitative methods to try to answer the question of why something is happening.
- What Works discusses evaluation.
- Emerging Issues highlights challenges in behavioral and social science research.
e-Source is available on the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research website: