May 2013Vol. 14, No. 4New! From CB
The Children's Bureau website carries information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more. The "New on Site" section includes grant announcements, policy announcements, agency information, and recently released publications.
Recent additions to the site include:
- PI-13-02 – This Program Instruction (PI) provides instruction on the available Federal fiscal year (FFY) 2013 funds under the Community-Based Grants for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect program created by title II of the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA):
- PI-13-03 – This PI provides instruction to Tribes on the June 30, 2013 Submission of the Annual Progress and Services Report (APSR) required under Title IV-B of the Social Security Act (the Act) for the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Child Welfare Services and Promoting Safe and Stable Families (PSSF) Programs, and the Chafee Foster Care Independence Program (CFCIP), including the Education and Training Vouchers (ETV) program; submission of the CFS-101, Part I, Annual Budget Request; Part II, Annual Summary of Child and Family Services; and Part III, Annual Expenditures for Title IV-B, Subparts 1 and 2:
- PI-13-04 – This PI provides instruction to States on the June 30, 2013 submission of the APSR required under Title IV-B of the Act for the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Child Welfare Services (CWS) and Promoting Safe and Stable Families (PSSF) Programs, the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) State Grant Program; and the Chafee Foster Care Independence Program (CFCIP) and the Education and Training Vouchers (ETV) Program; and the CFS-101, Part I, Annual Budget Request, Part II, Annual Summary of Child and Family Services, and Part III, Annual Expenditure Report—Title IV-B, subparts 1 and 2, CFCIP, and ETV:
- PI-13-05 – This PI provides a comprehensive title IV-E plan preprint to replace previous title IV-E plan preprints and amendments and provide instructions to title IV-E agencies on optional and required changes to title IV-E plan requirements:
- The Children's Bureau's Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Network 2013 Directory:
- Technical Assistance Materials, Guidance and Template Documents for Child Welfare Waiver Demonstration Projects:
For news from the Administration for Children and Families, read the latest entries in its blog, The Family Room:
Visit the Children's Bureau website often to see what's new!