May 2016Vol. 17, No. 3CB Website Updates
The Children's Bureau website hosts information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more.
Recent additions to the site include:
- National Quality Improvement Center on Tailored Services, Placement Stability and Permanency for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Children and Youth in Foster Care, HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CW-1126 - A funding opportunity announcement (FOA) to establish one National Quality Improvement Center that will conduct 4–6 projects in partnership with State child welfare systems to produce a dedicated system of successful supports and interventions that specifically support the permanency and stability of LGBTQ youth in the child welfare system: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/open/foa/index.cfm?switch=foa&fon=HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CW-1126
- Foster/Adoptive Parent Preparation, Training and Development Initiative, HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CO-1122 - An FOA modification extending the closing date to extended to May 13, 2016: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/open/foa/index.cfm?switch=foa&fon=HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CO-1122
- State and Tribal Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) Implementation Partnership Grants, HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CT-1123 - An FOA to support the creation of effective practice model partnerships between State courts and/or Court Improvement Program, State public child welfare agency, and a Tribe, group of Tribes, or Tribal consortia, including both the Tribal child welfare agency and Tribal court for effective implementation of ICWA: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/open/foa/index.cfm?switch=foa&fon=HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CT-1123
- Grants to Tribes, Tribal Organizations, and Migrant Programs for Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention Programs, HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CA-1119 - An FOA to support community-based efforts to develop, operate, expand, enhance, and coordinate initiatives, programs, and activities in Tribal and migrant communities to prevent child abuse and to strengthen and support families: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/open/foa/index.cfm?switch=foa&fon=HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CA-1119
- National Quality Improvement Center for Preventive Services and Interventions in Indian Country, HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CA-1175 - An FOA to award a 5-year cooperative agreement to establish a Quality Improvement Center on the prevention and intervention of child abuse and neglect in American Indian/Alaska Native communities: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/open/foa/index.cfm?switch=foa&fon=HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CA-1175
- Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants, HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CS-1176 - An FOA to solicit proposals for one-time grants to Tribes, Tribal organizations, or Tribal consortia that are seeking to develop a plan to implement a title IV-E foster care, adoption assistance, and, at Tribal option, guardianship assistance program: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/open/foa/index.cfm?switch=foa&fon=HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CS-1176
- Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development, HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CT-1178 - An FOA to establish, via the awarding of a cooperative agreement, one Quality Improvement Center to conduct a multisite demonstration project that will address pervasive workforce challenges in child welfare: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/grants/open/foa/index.cfm?switch=foa&fon=HHS-2016-ACF-ACYF-CT-1178
- IM-16-01 - This Information Memorandum (IM) informs State title IV-E agencies and Tribes about the publication of the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System Supplemental Notice of Proposed Rule Making and where to submit comments: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/im1601
- Supplemental Notice of Proposed Rule Making on the Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS): https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2016/04/07/2016-07920/adoption-and-foster-care-analysis-and-reporting-system
- Annual Report to Congress on State Child Welfare Expenditures reported on the CFS-101 (2015): http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/cfs-101-report-to-congress-2015
- South Carolina Title IV-E Report Addendum 2015: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/monitoring/title-ive-reviews/state-reports-pips
Visit the Children's Bureau website often to see what's new at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb.