December/January 2023Vol. 23, No. 10SOAR Online Training Provides Information on Human Trafficking and its Impact on Youth
The "SOAR for School-Based Professionals" online training is designed to equip youth-serving professionals to better understand human trafficking and its impact on youth. The course was designed to help those who work with middle- and high-school-aged students identify indicators of human trafficking and use protective factors to support youth at highest risk.
After completing the course, professionals will be able to do the following:
- Describe the types of trafficking in the United States
- Recognize indicators of trafficking in school settings
- Understand the importance of using a trauma-informed approach when addressing human trafficking in a school setting
- Develop a trafficking response protocol for their organization
- Assess the needs of those who have experienced or are at risk of trafficking using a multidisciplinary approach
The training can be accessed on the TRAIN Learning Network website.