March 2023Vol. 24, No. 2Updates From the Children's Bureau's Training and Technical Assistance Partners
The Children's Bureau funds several technical assistance centers to provide professionals with tools to better serve children, youth, and families.
The following are some of the latest resources from these partners:
Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Supporting Racially and Culturally Diverse Adoptive Families [Webpage update]
- Child Welfare and IDEA Part C [Webpage update]
- Working With Families: Substance Use [Webpage update]
Visit the Information Gateway website for more.
Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative
- Center for States
- Center for Tribes
Visit the Child Welfare Capacity Building Collaborative website for more.
FRIENDS National Resource Center
- "The Four E’s: Creating Success for Parent/Practitioner Partnerships" [Webinar]
- "Self Love Heights Is Possible" [Video]
- "Showing Up as a Noncustodial Parent" [Video]
- "Protective Factors: Strengthening Families, Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect"
Visit the FRIENDS National Resource Center website for more.
Children's Bureau Learning & Coordination Center (CBLCC)
- "Caregiver Well-Being Matters: Children’s Social Emotional Development and Mental Health" [Video]
- Social Media Resources for Human Trafficking Prevention Month [Webpage]
- "Missing From Care: Preventing and Responding to Sex Trafficking of Youth" [Digital dialog]
Visit the CBLCC website for more.
- Navigating First Family Relationships: A Discussion Guide
- "How to Support Staff With Lived Experience as Caregivers"
- "What Is Kinship Care?" [Blog post]
Visit the AdoptUSKids website for more.
National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)
Visit the NDACAN website for more.
National Child Welfare Workforce Institute (NCWWI)
- "Activity: 'Why People Stay' Interviews"
- NCWWI Communications Guide: How to Advance Organizational Goals Through Effective Messaging, Storytelling, and Public Relations
Visit the NCWWI website for more.
Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development (QIC-WD)
- "Self-Reflection: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Important First Steps" [Blog post]
- "Measuring Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in your Child Welfare Workforce" [Webinar registration]
Visit the QIC-WD website for more.
Quality Improvement Center on Engaging Youth in Finding Permanency (QIC-EY)
Visit the QIC-EY website for more.
James Bell Associates
- Addressing Prenatal Alcohol and Other Drug Exposure in Tribal Communities: Key Takeaways From an Environmental Scan
Visit the James Bell Associates website for more.