- March 2009
- Vol. 10, No. 2
Updates From the T&TA Network
The Children's Bureau's Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Network continues to produce resources that can help States and Tribes in their work with children and families. Some of the most recent resources are listed below:
- The Collaboration to AdoptUSKids recently released the newly approved Report to Congress on the Barriers and Success Factors in Adoptions From Foster Care: Perspectives of Families and Staff. The report presents two research studies with adoptive families and adoption professionals that describe (1) barriers to adopting children from foster care and (2) factors for adoption success.
www.adoptuskids.org/images/resourceCenter/barriersReportCongress.pdf (1,083 KB)
- The National Technical Assistance Center for Children’s Mental Health has developed Financing Behavioral Health Services and Supports for Children, Youth and Families in the Child Welfare System: A Report of National Survey Findings, which describes the survey, as well as individual States' financing strategies.
http://www.napcwa.org/home/docs/financingstrategiesreport.pdf (7.56 KB)
- Child Welfare Information Gateway has posted a 4-minute video that explains how Information Gateway can connect child welfare professionals with information on emerging trends, the latest research, and evidence-based practice.
- The National Quality Improvement Center on Non-Resident Fathers and the Child Welfare System offers a “Father Friendly Check-Up” tool for child welfare agencies to help them assess the degree to which their organization’s operations encourage father involvement.
- The National Abandoned Infants Assistance Resource Center has written a new factsheet, Women and Children With HIV/AIDS, which discusses HIV/AIDS' impact, treatment, related issues, and considerations for case management and service provision.
http://aia.berkeley.edu/media/pdf/2009_hiv.pdf (529 KB)
For more information about the T&TA Network, read "New T&TA Network Directory" in this issue of CBX.