- November 2000
- Vol. 1, No. 7
The Sexualized Child in Foster Care: A Guide for Foster Parents and Other ProfessionalsHoyle, S. G. Child Welfare League of America. 2000. 117 pages. $14.95.
Foster parents and mental health professionals often struggle to care for and treat children who have been sexually abused. This practical guide provides information, training tips, and a wide range of resources for helping these children and promoting normal development, while reducing sexual acting out. Chapters cover:
- Sex and sexuality
- A discussion of normal sexual behavior
- The signs and symptoms of sexual abuse
- Assessment and treatment of sexual abuse
- Coping with sexually aggressive children in foster care
- Understanding the emotion cost of working with sexually traumatized children.
A bibliography, list of resources, and references are provided.
To purchase a copy, contact:
Child Welfare League of America, Inc.
P.O. Box 2019
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701-2019