- November 2000
- Vol. 1, No. 7
Empowering Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: A Training Manual for Group LeadersCox, C. B. Springer Publishing Company, Inc. 2000. 142 pages. $30.95.
Grandparents who have accepted the task of raising their grandchildren often need assistance navigating the child welfare system, refining parenting skills, and becoming informed of legal and entitlement issues. The author presents training sessions focused on these issues, as well as:
- Communicating with children
- Dealing with problem behaviors
- Teaching their grandchildren about sex, HIV, and drugs
- Helping the child cope with grief and loss
- Developing advocacy skills
- Helping children build self-esteem.
To purchase a copy, contact:
Springer Publishing Company, Inc.
New York, NY 10012-3955