- November 2000
- Vol. 1, No. 7
Risking Connection: A Training Curriculum for Working With Survivors of Childhood AbuseSaakvitne, K. W.;Pearlman, L. A.;Gamble, S.;Lev, B. T. Sidran Press. 2000. 312 pages. $75.00.
Professionals who work with survivors of severe childhood trauma and abuse have realized the need for more specialized training. This curriculum consists of five modules that address:
- Understanding trauma and the effects of traumatic abuse
- Forming a therapeutic alliance with the client
- General principles of crisis management with survivor clients
- Working with dissociation
- Vicarious traumatization.
Includes four appendices, an annotated bibliography, index, references, forms, and worksheets.
To purchase a copy, contact:
2328 W. Joppa Rd., Suite 15
Lutherville, MD 21093