- July/August 2010
- Vol. 11, No. 6
The Fostering Connections Resource Center
The Fostering Connections Resource Center is a comprehensive source of information for the various stakeholders working to implement the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act. The Resource Center provides access to the latest information, training, tools, experts, and advocates, including:
- Data and resources on each section of the Fostering Connections legislation
- Technical assistance for State leaders and policymakers
- Tracking of implementation activity
- Opportunities to communicate with experts and peers
- National networks of stakeholders organized by the six major topic areas of the law—adoption, kinship, older youth, Tribal child welfare, health, and education
The Implementation Approaches section of the website highlights successful efforts from States and Tribes. Among the featured examples are family-finding efforts, guardianship assistance programs, kinship placement strategies, transition planning efforts, and foster parent recruitment.
The Resource Center is sponsored by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, Casey Family Programs, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, Duke Endowment, Eckerd Family Foundation, Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative, Sierra Health Foundation, Stuart Foundation, and Walter S. Johnson Foundation.
There are several ways to stay current with the Fostering Connections Resource Center:
- Visit the website at www.fosteringconnections.org
- Read the email newsletter: http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/6195/blastContent.jsp
- Subscribe to email blasts: http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/6195/signUp.jsp?key=1399