- March 2011
- Vol. 12, No. 2
Child Welfare Outcomes Data Site Launches
The Children's Bureau has launched a new website featuring data from the Child Welfare Outcomes (CWO) Reports. The site makes the latest CWO data available for users to view in a variety of ways according to their specific needs. CWO data for 2006 through 2009 are currently available.
The site features a report builder that allows users to select the specific State(s), data, and data years that they would like to view. It also allows users to select the format in which they would like their data displayed: graph, table, or map outputs. Users also have the capability to compare data across States.
The annual CWO report provides data on each State's performance in seven areas:
- Reduce recurrence of child abuse and/or neglect
- Reduce the incidence of child abuse and/or neglect in foster care
- Increase permanency for children in foster care
- Reduce time in foster care to reunification without increasing reentry
- Reduce time in foster care to adoption
- Increase placement stability
- Reduce placements of young children in group homes or institutions
Users can access the new site using the following link:
A report on earlier years, Child Welfare Outcomes 2004-2007: Report to Congress, was recently released and is available on the Children's Bureau website: