- March 2011
- Vol. 12, No. 2
Family Group Decision Making Webinars
American Humane is offering a series of webinars on Family Group Decision Making (FGDM), a process in which a trained coordinator brings together the family group and the agency personnel to create and implement a plan to safeguard children.
The nine webinars, which began in February, are offered on a monthly basis through November. Each is led by FGDM experts who talk about "how-tos" and promising practices. Continuing Education Units are available.
The schedule for the remainder of the series includes a variety of FGDM topics:
- Why Engage a Family in an FGDM Process? — March 23
- Private Family Time: The Gift and the Challenge — April 27
- Focus on Follow-Up — May 26
- Staffing Your FGDM Program for Success: Recruitment, Retention, and Staff Development — July 27
- FGDM: A Family-Led "Settlement Conference" for Dependency Courts — August 30
- How Does FGDM Fit With First Nation and Native American Communities? — September 29
- The Power of Voice: Family Group Conferencing and Family Violence — October 26
- Engaging Youth in the FGDM Process: What to Consider — November 29
For more information or to register, visit the American Humane website: