- May 2011
- Vol. 12, No. 4
Fathers for Life
Fathers for Life, a new online resource hosted by the Early Childhood Learning Center, is designed for Head Start and other professionals who work with low-income families with infants, toddlers, and preschool children with incarcerated fathers or fathers on probation or parole. The website provides training and resources to service providers and other professionals who work with these families.
The Professional Development Manual, the Technical Assistance Manual, and the Interventions Manual are currently highlighted and available in PDF on the website. In addition, the website offers a number of other resources for professionals as well as tip sheets and factsheets designed to be shared with families, for instance:
- 20 Reasons Why Your Child Needs You to Be an Active Father
- Becoming a Father: The First Two Years
- Building Blocks for Father Involvement
- Fatherhood Initiative Resource Guide
- Keys to Affective Father-Child Communication
- National Head Start Institute on Father Involvement
- Working With Native American Fathers
The project Fathers for Life: Strengthening Families and Fatherhood: Children of Fathers in the Criminal Justice System was developed under an Innovation and Improvement Project grant from the Office of Head Start.