- May 2012
- Vol. 13 No. 4
New! From CB
The Children's Bureau website carries information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more. The "New on Site" section includes grant announcements, policy announcements, agency information, and recently released publications.
Recent additions to the site include:
- Title IV-E Guardianship Assistance – This describes the financial and medical assistance for guardianship of eligible children and associated administrative and training costs.
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/programs_fund/state_tribal/guardianship_assist.pdf (40 KB)
- IM-12-03 – This Information Memorandum (IM) is to be used as a resource for State and Tribal title IV-B agencies as they develop protocols for the appropriate use and monitoring of psychotropic medications by children in foster care.
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/im/2012/im1203.pdf (474 KB)
- IM-12-04 – This IM explains the Administration on Children, Youth and Families priority to promote social and emotional well-being for children and youth receiving child welfare services.
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/im/2012/im1204.pdf (150 KB)
- PI-12-03 – This Program Instruction (PI) explains the eligibility requirements and the grant application procedures for fiscal year (FY) 2012 Children's Justice Act Grants to States under the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA).
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2012/pi1203.pdf (248 KB)
- PI-12-05 – This PI provides guidance to States, Territories, and Insular Areas on actions they are required to take to receive their allotments for FY 2013.
http://cb.stage.icfi.com/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2012/pi1205.pdf (910 KB)
- PI-12-06 – This PI provides guidance to Indian Tribes, Tribal Organizations, or Tribal Consortia on actions they are required to take in order to receive their allotments for FY 2013.
http://cb.stage.icfi.com/programs/cb/laws_policies/policy/pi/2012/pi1206.pdf (601 KB)
Visit the Children's Bureau website often to see what's new!