- August 2012
- Vol. 13, No. 7
Resources for Youth With Mental Health Conditions
Transitions RTC at the Center for Mental Health Services Research at the University of Massachusetts is geared toward supporting youth with serious mental health conditions and helping them complete their education. RTC provides a number of resources for youth, service providers, and policymakers on a range of issues affecting this vulnerable population.
The tip sheet Getting Accommodations at College: Tools for School guides youth through the process of requesting special accommodations at college to ensure their academic success. It answers the following questions:
- What accommodations or modifications can I ask for?
- What do I need in the classroom?
- What do I need during exams?
- What do I need to complete assignments?
- What do I need in general?
- How do I get accommodations?
- What about confidentiality?
To access the college accommodations tip sheet, visit:
http://labs.umassmed.edu/transitionsRTC/Resources/publications/Accomodationstipsheet2.pdf (364 KB)
A full list of products by Transitions RTC is available on the organization's website: