• September 2014
  • Vol. 15, No. 8

Printer-Friendly version of article

Q&A on Educational Training Vouchers

Educational Training Vouchers (ETVs) are funded by the Federal Government and administered by States to help youth currently and formerly in foster care pay for college or career training programs. A new question-and-answer flier available on the website for Federal Student Aid, U.S. Department of Education, provides important information about ETV eligibility and application. The flier also highlights additional resources available to help students in or formerly in foster care.

The flier, Educational and Training Vouchers for Current and Former Foster Care Youth, is available here:

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sites/default/files/foster-youth-vouchers.pdf (176 KB)

The website for Federal Student Aid provides additional information and resources of interest to students in foster care and the professionals with whom they work, including materials on other types of financial aid such as grants, work-study programs, and low-interest loans. Checklists for academic and financial preparation, guidance on choosing a college or university, and information on the Free Application for Student Aid (FASFA) also are available.

For these resources and more, visit the Federal Student Aid website:


<  Previous Article   Next Article  >