- September 2014
- Vol. 15, No. 8
Webinar Series on Girls' Behavioral Health
A six-part webinar series from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration tackles the issues and challenges—and best practices for addressing them—facing adolescent girls. Because so many of the children and youth involved with child welfare experience a range of behavioral health issues, this series and its resources may be of interest to child welfare and related professionals.
The series specifically focuses on issues affecting girls ages 12–18, with individual webinars centered on youth development, substance use, juvenile justice system involvement, homelessness, violence, and more. The series titles include the following:
- "Growing Up Girl: Adolescent Development and the Unique Issues Facing Girls"
- "Girl in the Mirror: Behavioral Health Challenges of Adolescent Girls"
- "Girls and Substance Use: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities"
- "Digital Girls: Confession, Connection, and Disconnection"
- "Sanctuary and Supports for Girls in Crisis"
- "Youth Development and Recovery Supports for Girls"
While the webinars took place between February and July 2014, PowerPoints and presenter bios from Girls Matter! A Webinar Series Addressing Adolescent Girls' Behavioral Health are available online: