- July/August 2015
- Vol. 16, No. 6
CB Website Updates
The Children's Bureau website carries information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more.
Recent additions to the site include:
- IM-15-03 - This Information Memorandum (IM) provides notice of a Final Rule on the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA): http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/im1503
- PI-15-02 - This Program Instruction (PI) provides instruction on the availability of Federal fiscal year 2015 funds under the Community-Based Grants for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect program created by Title II of CAPTA as amended by Public Law (P.L.) 111-320: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/pi1502
- PI-15-06 - This PI provides instruction on Adoption Savings Calculation Methodology: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/pi1506
- PI-15-07 - This PI provides information on new legislation—Public Law 113-183, the Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/pi1507
- Improving Quality and Reducing Risk With IV&V and QA - This webinar provided a baseline understanding of Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) and Quality Assurance (QA) as methods for improving the quality of delivered systems and to identify and mitigate risks as early as possible: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/cwit-improving-quality-reducing-risk
- Round 3 of the CFSRs - This page contains Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSR) information relevant to the reviews conducted between 2015 and 2018: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/monitoring/child-family-services-reviews/round3
- CFSR Technical Bulletin #8A and Transmittal Letter - This technical bulletin provides technical detail on how the Children's Bureau calculates whether a State has met the national standards: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/cfsr-technical-bulletin-8a
- Overview of CFSR Round 3 Statewide Data Indicators Syntax - This document provides an overview of the syntax and supporting files used by the Children's Bureau to calculate data quality, observed performance, and risk-standardized performance for the CFSR Round 3 Statewide Data Indicators: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/cfsr-round3-data-indicators-syntax
- Combined Federal Register Announcement: Statewide Data Indicators and National Standards Round 3 - This document integrates corrections from the May update of the statewide data indicators and national standards (Round 3) into the original document: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/resource/cfsr-round3-combd-fed-register-annc
Visit the Children's Bureau website often to see what's new at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb.