- May/June 2001
- Vol. 2, No. 3
Intercountry Adoption: Developments, Trends, and PerspectivesSelman, P. (Editor). British Agencies for Adoption and Fostering, London, United Kingdom. 2000. 555 pp. $20.00. Paperback.
More than 30 experts contributed to this anthology on the history, development, and changing patterns of intercountry adoption. Although written and published in the United Kingdom, the authors take a global view, providing a diverse range of information, opinions, and perspectives and contemplating lessons learned and to be learned. Current research covered includes:
- A demographic history of intercountry adoption
- Changes in attitudes in three generations of adoptive parents
- Profound early deprivation
- Adopted child development
- Intercountry adoption in the United States, Australia, Sweden, England, and elsewhere
Appendices contain information on the Hague Convention and organizations involved with intercountry adoption.
To purchase a copy, contact:
British Agencies for Adoption and Fostering
200 Union St.
London, SE1 0LX United Kingdom