- November 2016
- Vol. 17, No. 8
CB Website Updates
The Children's Bureau website carries information on child welfare programs, funding, monitoring, training and technical assistance, laws, statistics, research, Federal reporting, and much more.
Recent additions to the site include:
- Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS) Report #23 - A report providing preliminary estimates of AFCARS data for FY 2015: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/afcars-report-23
- Fiscal Year 2016 Children's Bureau Discretionary Grant Awards: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/discretionary-grant-awards-2016
- New Hampshire Subsequent Primary Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Review (2016): http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/new-hampshire-subsequent-title-iv-e-2016
- Kentucky Subsequent Primary Title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Review (2016): http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/kentucky-subsequent-title-iv-e-2016
- Child Welfare Information Gateway Podcast Series - Audio podcasts support learning-on-the-go and allow users to hear the outcomes, experiences, and tips from innovators across the child welfare continuum: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/capacity/child-welfare-podcast-series
- Cross-Center Evaluation Design: Capacity Building Collaborative - A brief describing the framework and methods being used in the 5-year Cross-Center Evaluation of the Capacity Building Collaborative: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/cross-center-evaluation-design
- Annotated Bibliography Informing Training and Technical Assistance - An annotated bibliography that supports the Permanency Innovations Initiative grantees in better meeting the needs of children and families: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/pii-annotated-bibliography-informing-tta
- IM-16-05 New Legislation: Public Law 114-198—The Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act of 2016 - An Information Memorandum (IM) to inform States of the enactment of the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act and provide basic information on the resulting changes in CAPTA for child abuse or neglect prevention and treatment programs: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/im1605
- IM-16-03 Executive’s Guide to CCWIS - An IM informing State and Tribal IV-E agencies about the publication of the Executive’s Guide to the Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System (CCWIS): http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/im1603
- IM-16-04 CCWIS Notice of Intent Checklist Template - An IM providing State and Tribal IV-E agencies submission instructions for a Notice of Intent (NOI) as described in regulations at 45 CFR 1355.52(i)(1) and 1355.56(d)(1). This IM also provides an optional NOI checklist that title IV-E agencies may use: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/im1604
Visit the Children's Bureau website often to see what's new at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb.