- July/August 2001
- Vol. 2, No. 4
New Video Explores Dependency Mediation
Add a new video to your "Permanency Toolkit." In January, as part of its series of videos on alternative dispute resolution, Courter Films released "Permanency Toolkit: Dependency Mediation."
This video explores ways in which mediation can be an effective alternative to litigation, showing how resolving child protection and dependency cases through mediation can lead to outcomes that are in the children's and their families' best interests. It illustrates various models of mediation and visits several locations in California, Kentucky, and Florida. A number of experts contribute their views. Various topics are addressed, such as:
- Participants in the mediation
- Handling of confidentiality issues
- Potential savings in court time and costs
- How cases are resolved and endorsed by the bench
- Ongoing compliance issues
Other titles in this video series, include "Family Group Decision Making," "Concurrent Case Planning," and "A Plan for Joseph: An Actual Family Group Conference."
For ordering information, contact Gay Courter at email@example.com or visit http://www.courterfilms.com/specialseries.html.
See these related articles in past issues of the Children's Bureau Express:
- "Families as Decision Makers in Child Abuse and Neglect Cases" (January/February 2001)
- "First of Series of Adoption Videos Released" (April 2000)