- October 2017
- Vol. 18, No. 7
Tools for Strengthening Families Leadership Teams
The Center for the Study of Social Policy released a toolkit for leading and coordinating Strengthening Families efforts across systems. Strengthening Families is a research-informed approach to increase family strengths, enhance child development, and reduce the likelihood of child abuse and neglect. The new toolkit reinforces the core functions of implementing Strengthening Families at any level and provides tools for reaching out to new partners.
The following resources are included:
- A PowerPoint presentation called "Leading and Coordinating Strengthening Families Efforts" that focuses on five core strategies for implementing Strengthening Families in a variety of programs, agencies, systems, communities, and states
- Handouts, including an overview and two factsheets exploring leadership roles at each level of Strengthening Families implementation
- Information on coordinating a Strengthening Families initiative
- A PowerPoint presentation called "Tools to Support Strengthening Families Implementation"
- Communications tools
- Customized Strengthening Families logos, and more
Tools for Strengthening Families Leadership Teams is available at https://www.cssp.org/young-families-children-new/strengtheningfamilies/systems/tools-for-leadership-teams.