- December 2017/January 2018
- Vol. 18, No. 9
Bringing the Protective Factors Framework to Life
The National Alliance of Children's Trust and Prevention Funds is offering a series of online training courses, called Bringing the Protective Factors Framework to Life in Your Work: A Resource for Action, to support the implementation of the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework.
The seven-part curriculum includes the following courses, which each take about 2 hours to complete:
- Introduction to the Protective Factors: Includes an introduction to the key concepts behind the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework, including descriptions of the five protective factors, seven program strategies, and strengths-based work with families
- Concrete Support in Times of Need: Focuses on the importance of linking families to services and opportunities and observing and responding to early warning signs
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development: Highlights the need to strengthen parenting skills
- Parental Resilience: Focuses on how to respond to family crises as well as facilitate friendships and mutual support
- Social Connections: Highlights the importance of facilitating friendships and mutual support
- Social and Emotional Competence: Focuses on the social and emotional competence of children and the importance of children's social and emotional development
- Moving From Knowledge to Action: Wrap-Up Course: Reviews the previous courses and describes how to apply lessons learned in the field
The online training also includes a global glossary, short instructional videos, downloadable outlines, and more. A certificate of completion is given at the end of each course.
Bringing the Protective Factors Framework to Life in Your Work: A Resource for Action is available at http://www.ctfalliance.org/onlinetraining.htm.