- February 2018
- Vol. 19, No. 1
'Child Welfare Then and Now' Podcast Now Available
Child Welfare Information Gateway's recently released podcast, "Child Welfare Then and Now," shares the perspective of Sekema Harmon, assistant division director of field operations for the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.
The podcast highlights the following topics:
- Meeting families "where they are" and letting them establish what success looks like
- Georgia's collaboration with agencies and other partners as part of a "blueprint for change"
- How technology has impacted the field
- The skills today's younger professionals are bringing to the field
- Guidance and advice on managing and supervising staff and teams
The podcast, "Child Welfare Then and Now," is available at https://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/child-welfare-podcast-then-and-now.