- February 2018
- Vol. 19, No. 1
- Children's Bureau Express
- Spotlight on Early Childhood Collaboration/Early Intervention
- Early Intervention Collaboration
Early Intervention Collaboration
Tools To Grow, Inc., offers a range of products developed to facilitate partnerships between professionals and parents as they work to promote the age-appropriate developmental, social, and educational growth of young children. These resources and tools are designed to be applied within the context of the child's family and natural setting.
The products in the suite of resources include the following:
- "Dressing Skills: What to Expect Next" is a chart and guide for children ages 12 months to 7 years that provides step-by-step guidance on how to dress themselves.
- "Tummy Time: Developmental Consequences and Future Implications" is a brochure for health-care professionals that discusses the principles of normal development, developmental consequences, future implications, and chronological development in the prone position.
- Occupational Therapy Early Childhood Skills Checklist 0-60 Months is an 8-page PDF for occupational therapists to assess the developmental status of fine motor, visual motor, and self-help skills for children under 5 years old.
- What to Expect and How to Develop Fine Motor Skills: 0-36 Months is a guide for parents to teach them what fine motor skills to expect between the ages of 0 and 36 months and how to help their child move to the next stage.
While some resources and tools are free to download, some require a paid membership. To view all the components of the Tools to Grow Early Intervention Collaboration, visit https://www.toolstogrowot.com/therapy-resources/caregiver-education-team-collaboration/early-intervention-collaboration.