- September 2019
- Vol. 20, No. 7
Child and Family Services Reviews E-Training Platform
The Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs) Information Portal offers a training designed to provide federal and state review team members with the information and skills they need to participate successfully in the CFSRs.
The training is divided into two courses.
Course 1 comprises three self-contained modules:
- Module 1 provides a downloadable copy of the Onsite Review Instrument and Instructions (OSRI), a series of seven videos that provide an overview of the OSRI, and a video that provides an overview of the quality assurance process used to ensure accurate completion of the OSRI.
- Module 2 provides a mock case that can be used to practice applying the OSRI as well as a downloadable answer key for the mock case and a video series that provides detailed explanations for arriving at these answers.
- Module 3 provides a complete in-home services mock case that can be used to practice applying the instrument as well as videos providing information on planning for and conducting case-related interviews and incorporating information obtained from these interviews into review findings.
Course 2 comprises two additional modules focusing on foster care mock cases:
- Module 4 allows participants to continue to practice applying the OSRI using an interactive video depicting a mock case-related interview. The mock interview allows participants to select the best or most appropriate follow-up questions from a variety of options and receive immediate feedback on their selection.
- Module 5 contains a complete foster care mock case that can be used to practice applying the OSRI.
To learn more about the CFSR E-Training Platform, visit https://training.cfsrportal.acf.hhs.gov/2741.