- February 2020
- Vol. 21, No. 1
Call for Applications to Participate in the Child Welfare Workforce Analytics Institute
The Quality Improvement Center for Workforce Development (QIC-WD) is seeking five to eight public child welfare agencies to join the Child Welfare Workforce Analytics Institute (the Institute), a short-term project that supports collaboration between human resources and child welfare staff. Institute participants will engage in discussions on how to leverage data to examine and address child welfare workforce challenges. These data can help agencies answer the following questions:
- Which recruiting methods or sources lead to the most qualified candidates? Which ones are most effective at finding candidates who are more likely to stay with the agency?
- How does candidates' previous experience or educational background relate to subsequent job performance? Is there potential bias in the hiring process?
- What is the internal turnover rate? What is the involuntary turnover rate?
- What factors predict whether someone will stay or leave?
- Is a new program effective at improving workforce outcomes?
Selected agencies are expected to attend multiple webinars and an all-expenses-paid 2-day workshop in Washington, DC, on August 25–26, 2020. A QIC-WD representative will be assigned to each participating agency to provide coaching and individualized support as the agency prepares for participation in the Institute.
Applications must be submitted no later than February 14, 2020.
To learn more about the Institute and to apply, visit https://www.qic-wd.org/child-welfare-workforce-analytics-institute.