- April 2020
- Vol. 21, No. 3
2019/2020 Prevention Resource Guide
The 2019/2020 Prevention Resource Guide is now available on the National Child Abuse Prevention Month (NCAPM) website. Focusing on strengths and supporting families, the Prevention Resource Guide was primarily developed to support community service providers in preventing maltreatment and promoting well-being. The guide also has 23 tip sheets—in both English and Spanish—to share directly with parents and caregivers. The guide, including the tips sheets, also may be helpful to community partners and anyone who works with children and families.
The Prevention Resource Guide includes chapters that cover the following:
- Protective factors that strengthen individuals, families, and communities
- How workers and programs can use these protective factors in practice
- How to use protective factors when building community partnerships
- Warning signs of maltreatment
- How trauma-informed practice can improve outcomes
Download the 2019/2020 Prevention Resource Guide and explore the rest of the NCAPM website for activity calendars, interactive scenarios, and additional resources.