- June 2022
- Vol. 23, No. 5
Pride Month Spotlights the Work of the National Quality Improvement Center for LGBTQ2S Youth
This June during Pride Month, we acknowledge the work that the National Quality Improvement Center on Tailored Services, Placement Stability, and Permanency for LGBTQ2S Children and Youth in Foster Care (QIC-LGBTQ2S) has done for youth in foster care who identify as LGBTQ2S (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning, and Two Spirit). QIC-LGBTQ2S is a Children's Bureau-funded program lead by the the Institute for Innovation and Implementation at the University of Maryland School of Social Work. During the course of 5 years, QIC-LGBTQ2S partnered with four implementation sites (Allegheny County, PA; Michigan; Cuyahoga County, OH; and Prince George's County, MD) to develop, implement, and evaluate several best practices and programs for LGBTQ+ youth and their families. In addition to developing these programs, the implementation sites also engaged in several initiatives to create policies and SOGIE (sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression) data-collection initiatives.
This June, QIC-LGBTQ2S highlights the following resources to support LGBTQ2S youth and families:
- "Rollout of Data Collection on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity" [Infographic]
- "Cuyahoga County's System Transformation for Serving LGBTQ+ Youth in Foster Care" [Infographic]
- Implementation tip sheets:
- Youth and family programing information sheets:
- "Journey Ahead"
- "Youth AFFIRM: Affirmative Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning (LGBTQ+) Populations"
- "AFFIRM Caregiver: Affirmative Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Caregivers of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning (LGBTQ+) Populations"
- "Chosen Affirming Family Finding"