- February/March 2002
- Vol. 3, No. 2
National Indian Child Welfare Association to Publish New Journal
World View: The Journal of American Indian Child and Family Services will be published by the National Indian Child Welfare Association (NICWA) this fall. The journal aims to improve practice by enhancing communication among American Indian professionals working in child welfare and related services such as children's mental health and family support. World View is a subscription-based publication, with issues published in the spring and fall for the first 2 years; after the second year it will be published quarterly.
Each issue will feature:
- Two original scholarly articles on child and family services practice, policy, or research
- Two classic articles by Indian authors with commentary by a guest editor
- Two faculty-nominated student papers
- Guest editorials, commentary, and letters to the editor
- Abstracts of Indian-related articles published in mainstream journals between issues.
An editorial group will seek articles to broaden the understanding of issues facing Indian children and families, with special emphasis on practices with cultural traditions or teachings as the foundation. Article topics may include:
- Social issues
- Systems and policy-related issues
- Community development and promising practices.
All articles will be peer reviewed. An aspect of the journal is to provide a venue for articles that may seem too focused on Indian issues and otherwise rejected by mainstream journals; aspiring authors are encouraged to submit articles.
Article submissions should be sent to:
Nadja Printup, Director of Information & Training
5100 SW Macadam Avenue, Suite 300
Portland, Oregon 97201