- November 2002
- Vol. 3, No. 9
Fourteenth National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect
The Fourteenth National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect will be held in St. Louis, Missouri, March 31 through April 5, 2003. The conference theme, Gateways to Prevention, focuses on challenging existing assumptions about how to prevent child maltreatment and considering a range of strategies to protect children and support families and communities.
More information about the conference can be found at http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/conferences/cbconference/fourteenth/index.cfm.
Upcoming national conferences on adoption and child welfare through February 2003 include:
- Zero to Three National Training Institute (Zero to Three; December 6 through 8, Washington, DC; http://www.zerotothree.org/nti00/index_main00.html -- this link is no longer available).
- The Annual Meeting of State and Tribal Child Welfare Officials "Partners in Progress: Lessons Learned from the CFSR" (National Child Welfare Resource Center for Family-Centered Practice; January 27 through 29, Washington, DC).
- 17th Annual San Diego Conference on Child and Family Maltreatment (Chadwick Center for Children and Families; February 3 through 7, San Diego, CA; http://www.charityadvantage.com/chadwickcenter/2003Conferenceb.asp -- this link is no longer available).
- National Youth Summit on Preventing Violence (National Crime Prevention Council; February 15 through 18, Anaheim, CA; http://www.ncpc.org/).
- Best of Both Worlds Conference (The Adoption Excellence Institute; February 25 through 27, Dublin, Ireland; www.bestofbothworlds.org -- this link is no longer available).
Further details about national and regional child welfare conferences can be found in the "conference" section on the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information website at http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/conferences/index.cfm.
Further details about national and regional adoption conferences can be found in the "conference" section on the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse website at http://naic.acf.hhs.gov/general/conferences/index.cfm.