- Dec 2002/Jan 2003
- Vol. 3, No. 10
Grants Support Services for Kinship Caregivers
The Brookdale Foundation's Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP) has issued requests for proposals (RFPs) for seed grants to develop new or expanded kinship care services for grandparents and other relatives raising children. Under the grant program, five State-based and 15 community-based organizations will each receive $10,000 during a 2-year period. Grants in past years have supported the creation of successful programs--including support groups, resource centers, and respite care programs--that help relative caregivers access needed services and provide more effectively for the children in their care.
- The application deadline for community-based organizations is January 15, 2003.
- The application deadline for State-based agencies is February 14, 2002.
- Winning programs must be collaborative, replicable, and sustainable beyond the grant period.
More information, program guidelines, and RFPs are available on the Brookdale Foundation website at http://www.brookdalefoundation.org/rapp1.html.
Read other kinship care funding articles from the following issues of Children's Bureau Express:
- "Generations United Announces 10 KinNET Grants for 2002-2003" (January 2002)
- "New Grants From HHS Support Older Caregivers of Young Relatives" (February/March 2002)