- Dec 2002/Jan 2003
- Vol. 3, No. 10
Upcoming national conferences on adoption and child welfare through March 2003 include:
- (Invitation only) Annual Meeting of State and Tribal Child Welfare Officials "Partners in Progress: Lessons Learned from the CFSR" (National Child Welfare Resource Center for Family-Centered Practice; January 27 through 29, Washington, DC).
- 17th Annual San Diego Conference on Child and Family Maltreatment (Chadwick Center for Children and Families; February 3 through 7, San Diego, CA; http://www.charityadvantage.com/chadwickcenter/2003Conferenceb.asp - Editor's note: this link is no longer available).
- National Youth Summit on Preventing Violence (National Crime Prevention Council; February 15 through 18, Anaheim, CA; http://www.ncpc.org/).
- Best of Both Worlds Conference (The Adoption Excellence Institute; February 25 through 27, Dublin, Ireland; http://www.bestofbothworlds.org - Editor's note: this link is no longer available).
- 2003 BACW Annual Conference (Black Administrators in Child Welfare, c/o CWLA; March 2 through 4, Washington, DC; http://www.blackadministrators.org/).
- CWLA 2003 National Conference: Children 2003 Imagine and America (Child Welfare League of America, March 5 through 7, Washington, DC; http://www.cwla.org/conferences/2003nationalrfp.htm).
- 9th National and 2nd International Conference on the Abuse of Children and Adults with Disabilities (The ARC Riverside, March 10 through 12, Riverside, CA; http://disability-abuse.com/cando/conf/).
- 19th National Symposium on Child Sexual Abuse (National Children's Advocacy Center on Child Sexual Abuse, March 11 through 14, Huntsville, AL; http://www.nationalcac.org/).
- National Invitational School Social Work Conference (School Social Work Association of America, March 27 through 29, Arlington, VA; http://www.sswaa.org/).
- 14th National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect "Gateways to Prevention" (Children's Bureau, Office on Child Abuse and Neglect, Administration on Children, Youth Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, March 31 through April 5, St. Louis, MO; http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/conferences/cbconference/fourteenth/index.cfm).
Further details about national and regional child welfare conferences can be found in the "conference" section on the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information website at http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/conferences/index.cfm.
Further details about national and regional adoption conferences can be found in the "conference" section on the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse website at http://naic.acf.hhs.gov/general/conferences/index.cfm.
A calendar of training opportunities for those working in the child welfare field and/or address child welfare workforce training issues can be found at http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/workforce/index.cfm.