- March 2003
- Vol. 4, No. 2
2003 Child Abuse Prevention Community Resource Packet
The 2003 Child Abuse Prevention Community Resource Packet, What Everyone can do to Prevent Child Abuse, is now available. This packet, developed to promote child abuse prevention activities in April and throughout the year, includes materials and resources to support local efforts.
- Child Abuse Prevention: An Overview. Definitions and statistics on child abuse and neglect; why prevention is key to addressing the problem.
- What Organizations Can Do. Suggested child abuse prevention activities and supporting materials, including resources for working with the media.
- What Individuals Can Do. Information about what individuals can do to prevent child abuse and neglect, how to recognize and report suspected maltreatment, and tips to help foster positive parenting.
- Resource Directory. Information about national organizations working to prevent child abuse, and their State or local chapters.
- Prevention Poster. Lists five strategies for preventing child abuse.
Look for the downloadable packet on the new Prevention website, www.calib.com/nccanch/prevention, scheduled to launch in March. (Note: current Prevention Month information and resources can be found at http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/topics/prevention/index.cfm.)
Limited print copies are available.
For more information or to order, contact:
National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information
Phone: (800) 394-3366