- March 2003
- Vol. 4, No. 2
The 14th National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect will be held in St. Louis, Missouri, March 31 through April 5, 2003. For more information about the conference, see "14th National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect" in this issue of Children's Bureau Express.
Upcoming national conferences on adoption and child welfare through June 2003 include:
- American Adoption Congress 25th Annual Conference (April 3 through 5, Atlanta, GA; www.americanadoptioncongress.org/index.htm).
- 6th National Child Welfare Data Conference (National Resource Center for Information Technology in Child Welfare; April 9 through 11, Arlington, VA; www.cwla.org/conferences/).
- National Indian Child Welfare Association 21st Annual Protecting Our Children Conference "Community Resolve to Reclaim Native Youth" (April 13 through 16, Portland, OR; www.nicwa.org/services/ conferences/protecting/index.asp).
- National Pathways to Adulthood Conference (Family and Youth Services Bureau of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; April 23 through 25, Chicago, IL; www.nrcys.ou.edu/PDFs/Pathwaysavedate.pdf - Editor's note: this link is no longer available).
- Catholic Human Services (formerly Catholic Charities) 9th National Conference on Open Adoption "Among Friends: The Open Adoption Community Reflects on a Generation of Practice and Experience" (April 24 through 26, Travers City, MI).
- National Foster Parent Association 33rd Annual Education Conference "Invest in Children….Our Future" (May 12 through 17, Des Moines, IA; www.nfpainc.org/conference.html). (Editor's note: this link is no longer available.)
- Permanency Partnership Forum VII (Children's Bureau; Administration on Children, Youth and Families; May 19 through 21, Washington, DC).
- 2003 American Humane Family Group Decision Making Conference and Skills-building Institutes: Pathways to Partnership (June 4 through 7, Minneapolis, MN; www.americanhumane.org/site/ PageServer?pagename=pc_fgdm_conference).
- National Fatherhood Initiative "Carrying the Flag for Fatherhood" (American Humane Association; June 11 to 13, Philadelphia, PA; www.fatherhood.org).