- April 2003
- Vol. 4, No. 3
Upcoming national conferences on adoption and child welfare through July 2003 include:
- Association of Administrators of the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) Annual Meeting (American Public Human Services Association; May 1 through 7, Baltimore, MD; http://icpc.aphsa.org/news.asp (Editor's note: this link is no longer available)).
- Finding Better Ways 2003 (Child Welfare League of America; May 5 through 7, Los Angeles, CA; www.cwla.org/conferences).
- National Foster Parent Association 33rd Annual Education Conference "Invest in Children….Our Future" (May 12 through 17, Des Moines, IA; www.nfpainc.org/conference.html). (Editor's note: this link is no longer available.)
- National Data Archive on Child Abuse & Neglect (NDACAN) Summer Research Institute (May 27 through 31, Ithaca, NY; http://www.ndacan.cornell.edu/NDACAN/workshops.html (link no longer available).
- 13th National Abandoned Infants Assistance (AIA) Grantees' Conference "Connecting with Families: Pathways to Well-being" (May 28 through 29, Washington, DC).
- 2003 Family Group Decision Making Conference and Skills-Building Institutes: Pathways to Partnership (American Humane Association; June 4 through 7, Minneapolis, MN; www.americanhumane.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pc_ fgdm_conference).
- 6th National Summit on Fatherhood "Carrying the Flag for Fatherhood" (National Fatherhood Initiative; June 11 through 13, Philadelphia, PA; www.fatherhood.org/summit03home.htm (Editor's note: this link is no longer available)).
- 10th Annual Building on Family Strengths Conference (Research & Training Center on Family Support and Children's Mental Health; June 26 through 28, Portland, OR; www.rtc.pdx.edu/pgConference.shtml).
- 2003 Conference on Treatment Foster Care (Foster Family-Based Treatment Association; July 20 through 23, Universal City, CA; www.ffta.org/conference.html - Editor's note: this link is no longer available).
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children (APSAC) 11th Annual National Colloquium (July 23 through 26, Orlando, FL; www.apsac.org).
- 4th National Kinship Care Conference "Kinship Care: Preserving and Strengthening a Family Resource" (Child Welfare League of America; July 30 through August 1, Philadelphia, PA; www.cwla.org/conferences).
Further details about national and regional child welfare conferences can be found in the "conferences" section on the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information website at http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/profess/conferences/index.cfm.
Further details about national and regional adoption conferences can be found in the "conferences" section on the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse website at http://naic.acf.hhs.gov/general/conferences/index.cfm.