- September 2003
- Vol. 4, No. 7
The Manager's Guide to Program Evaluation
The Manager's Guide to Program Evaluation by Paul Mattessich, Ph.D., provides organizational managers and decision-makers with useful information on planning, contracting, and managing an evaluation. This is not a how-to book on conducting an evaluation. Rather, it provides guidance to managers overseeing the process.
The book provides:
- A description of program evaluation and its benefits.
- Explanations of the types of questions evaluations can answer and the types of information an evaluation can provide.
- Descriptions of the different phases of an evaluation.
- Advice on finding and working with an evaluation consultant.
This book is available from the Amherst H. Wilder Foundation for $25. For more information, visit the foundation's website at www.wilder.org/pubs/program_evaluation/index.html.
Find information on other evaluation publications in previous issues of Children's Bureau Express:
- "Resources for Children's Bureau Discretionary Grant Applicants" (April 2003)
- "Managing for Outcomes: A Basic Guide to the Evaluation of Best Practices in the Human Services" (October 2002)