- October 2003
- Vol. 4, No. 8
National Adoption Month 2003 Campaign Recruitment & Marketing Kit Now Available
The Collaboration to AdoptUSKids, in partnership with the National Resource Center for Special Needs Adoption and the Children's Bureau, created the National Adoption Month 2003 Campaign Recruitment & Marketing Kit to help increase awareness about adoption and support efforts to recruit and retain foster and adoptive parents. In the kit, local organizations will find tools and resources to help them plan and implement activities for National Adoption Month in November.
- Information on general, targeted, and child-specific recruitment and retention.
- Marketing, public relations, and advertising strategies.
- Tools to help organizations evaluate and report recruitment campaign success.
- Sample materials, including press releases, sponsorship letters, and public service announcements.
- A companion CD-ROM with customizable promotional items such as posters, ads, flyers, invitations, and bookmarks.
The National Resource Center for Special Needs Adoption (www.nrcadoption.org) assists States, Tribes, and other federally funded child welfare agencies in building their capacity to ensure the safety, well being, and permanency of abused and neglected children through adoption and post-legal adoption services program planning, policy development, and practice. Contact the Resource Center at (248) 443-0306 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about ordering kits and additional supplies for National Adoption Month.
The Children's Bureau's Collaboration to AdoptUSKids (www.adoptuskids.org) is a project to devise and implement a national adoptive family recruitment and retention strategy, operate the AdoptUSKids.org website, encourage and enhance adoptive family support organizations, and conduct a variety of adoption research projects. The Collaboration can be reached at (888) 200-4005 or email@example.com.