- November 2003
- Vol. 4, No. 9
Treating Sex Offenders
Treating Sex Offenders: A Guide to Clinical Practice with Adults, Clerics, Children, and Adolescents, Second Edition, updates the original volume with new material that emphasizes similarities and differences between adolescent and adult sex offenders in personality type, behavior, and treatment. The second edition also includes additions and changes to treatment techniques, progress reports on case study subjects, reader feedback from the original book, and new information on religious personnel who molest children.
Contents of the book include:
- How to identify major characteristics and traits of offenders
- Different types of offenders
- Information about child and adolescent offenders
- How to recognize warning signs of deviant behavior
- How to apply specific treatment techniques
Author William Prendergast has more than 30 years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of habitual sex offenders. The book is available for $49.95 (hard cover) or $34.95 (soft cover) from The Haworth Press, Inc., at www.haworthpress.com/store/product.asp?sku=4882.