- Dec 2003/Jan 2004
- Vol. 4, No. 10
Sustainability Planning Workbook
The Finance Project (www.financeproject.org) created the Sustainability Planning Workbook to help program developers and community leaders develop a comprehensive plan to sustain a wide range of promising community-based initiatives.
The workbook helps community leaders:
- Structure an effective planning process.
- Consider a wide range of fiscal and nonfiscal resources, identify their initiative's strengths and weaknesses, and establish benchmarks.
- Develop a vision and measure progress toward that vision.
- Create a strategic financing plan.
- Build organizational capacity and community support.
- Develop and write a sustainability plan, and use the plan to generate support, assist in fundraising efforts, and guide future decision-making.
The workbook comes with numerous tools and worksheets to assist users through the planning process. The Sustainability Planning Workbook is available for $125 by contacting the Finance Project at (202) 587-1000 or email@example.com.
For more about the Finance Project, see "New Publications on Funding and Sustainable Strategies for Child and Family Initiatives" in the October 2002 issue of Children's Bureau Express.