- February 2004
- Vol. 5, No. 1
Mental Health in Child Welfare
The Summer 2003 issue of Best Practice/Next Practice addresses a number of issues surrounding mental health and mental health care in child welfare, including:
- A review of the mental health problems that can affect children and adolescents.
- The role of foster families as partners in mental health treatment.
- The optimal array of mental health services needed to support children in the child welfare system and the challenges to providing such services.
- Ways in which children of mentally ill parents can be supported.
- Information on the discrepancy in mental health referral patterns for children of different races.