- May 2004
- Vol. 5, No. 4
ConferencesUpcoming national conferences on adoption and child welfare through August 2004 include:
- National Foster Care Conference "Footsteps to the Future" (Daniel Memorial Institute; June 3 through 5, Jacksonville, FL).
- National CASA Conference (National CASA Association; June 5 through 8, Washington, DC).
- 2004 Conference on Family Group Decision Making "From Margin to Mainstream" (American Humane; June 6 through 9, Harrisburg, PA).
- 7th National Summit on Fatherhood (National Fatherhood Initiative; June 7 through June 9, Atlanta, GA).
- APSAC Forensic Interview Clinic (American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children; June 14 through 18, Norfolk, VA).
- Training Institutes 2004: Developing Local Systems of Care for Children and Adolescents with Emotional Disturbances and Their Families (National Technical Assistance Center for Children's Mental Health; June 23 through 27, San Francisco, CA).
- Summer Seminars by the Sea (Chadwick Center for Children & Families; June 28 through July 16, San Diego, CA).
- Victimization of Children & Youth: An International Research Conference (Family Research Laboratory; July 11 through 14, Portsmouth, NH).
- National IV-E Training Conference "Weaving Resources for Better Child Welfare Outcomes" (University of Oklahoma/School of Social Work; July 12 through 14, Santa Fe, NM).
- Putting the Pieces Together: 1st National Conference on Substance Abuse, Child Welfare and the Dependency Court (National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare; July 14 through 15, Baltimore, MD).
- AdoptUSKids National Adoption and Foster Care Recruitment Summit "Answering the Call -- Partnering with Communities of Faith" (July 15 through 16, Washington, DC).
- Foster Family-based Treatment Association's 18th Annual Conference on Treatment Foster Care (July 18 through 21, Nashville, TN).
- 67th National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges Annual Conference (July 18 through 21, Portland, OR).
- Advocacy in Action: Becoming a Powerful Voice for Youth! (Independent Living Resources, Inc.; July 20 through 22, Chapel Hill, NC).
- Investigation and Prosecution of Child Fatalities and Physical Abuse (American Prosecutors Research Institute's National Center for Prosecution of Child Abuse; July 26 through 30, Chicago, IL)
- 30th Anniversary NACAC Conference "30 Years of Celebrating Families" (North American Council on Adoptable Children; July 29 through 31, Minneapolis, MN).
- APSAC's 12th Annual Colloquium (American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children; August 4 through 7, Hollywood, CA).
Further details about national and regional adoption and child welfare conferences can be found in the "Conference Calendar" on Child Welfare Information Gateway: